An effective internal communication strategy plays a fundamental role in the success of any company.
A seamless internal communications plan allows management to share business goals, best practices, and other important information to increase employee productivity, engagement, and retention. Unified communication fosters a sense of community, trust, and loyalty in your organization. This white paper gives you the tools you need to start planning and implementing a successful internal communications strategy.
This white paper will teach you how to:
- Develop an internal communications strategy
- Conduct channel, stakeholder, and SWOT analyses
- Identify criteria and communication targets
- Set clear, achievable goals for your company’s internal communication
What Is an Internal Communication Strategy?
An internal communication strategy outlines clear business goals in communicating with internal staff and how to execute the plans made to achieve these goals. Think of it as your blueprint for achieving internal communication success.
Why Are Internal Communication Strategies Important?
There are numerous benefits to having a solid internal communication strategy in place at your organization.
These benefits include:
- Increased levels of employee engagement
- Enhanced operational efficiency
- Higher employee retention
- Better customer service
- Higher sales
- Informed and happy employees!
What Are Some Internal Communication Best Practices?
While everyone’s exact approach to internal communication will be different depending on the needs of your organization, here are some best practices we recommend.
- Use a dedicated internal communications platform to create a single source of truth when it comes to employee communication
- Set clear, measurable goals around internal communication at your organization
- Get your leadership team onboard. If your organization’s leadership is involved, the team will follow
- Establish a BYOD policy to set clear guidelines and expectations
- Take the time to properly train all employees on how to use the platform
- Leverage analytics to ensure your messages are being read and that your team is engaged
- Celebrate wins and share success stories. Some feel-good internal communication examples can be celebrating birthdays, milestones, and work anniversaries. These engagement initiatives can help get the ball rolling and drive adoption
- Share company values
- Communicate best practices
- Create a digital resource hub where your team can access important documents 24/7
- Make sure your platform is mobile friendly!
Having seamless internal communication across all your teams is essential. Everyone should have the information they need to perform their jobs well with smart, unified corporate communications.
“With Beekeeper, we can reach every single employee and measure the success of our internal communications. We are now able to send critical information to the right target groups at the right time and no longer need to use bulletin boards.”