We’re thrilled to announce that our customer, Exclusive Collection won a highly coveted Hotel Catey award! They took home the prestigious title for ‘Best Use of Technology’ for the innovative way they’ve leveraged Beekeeper in their organization to boost employee engagement and decrease turnover.
The UK-based boutique hotel won out over steep competition from Cairn Group and The Lowry Hotel.
Wait What Are the Hotel Catey Awards and Why Are They a Big Deal?
The Hotel Catey awards are essentially the Oscars of the hospitality industry. Since their launch in 2007, the Hotel Cateys have celebrated the most successful hotels, hoteliers, hotel employees (and hotel tech!) across the UK.
At its core, the Hotel Catey awards are truly a celebration of hospitality heroes who live and breathe the tried and true tenets of what hospitality stands for — creating an exceptional experience for each and every guest who steps through the door.
How do we feel about Exclusive Collection winning a Hotel Catey award with our tech? Cristian Grossmann, our fearless Co-Founder and CEO said,
We are absolutely delighted to have won the Hotel Catey for our work with Exclusive Collection. This type of organisation is exactly where our idea for the platform came from. Hotel teams are notoriously difficult to communicate across, which often leads to operational challenges for the business.
We have worked closely with Exclusive Collection to ensure that Beekeeper works for its specific needs and focuses not only on areas like communications, but also health and safety and shift schedules.
What Is Exclusive Collection?
Exclusive Collection encompasses four luxury hotels, two country house venues, a golf club, two spas, a cookery school and a pub.
This high-end boutique hospitality brand offers picturesque getaways that epitomize the elegant, yet rustic charm of the old English countryside. There is a distinct, yet unassuming air of “Britishness” that runs throughout their array of hospitality offerings.
If you ever want to experience an authentic English getaway, this family-owned hospitality brand probably has exactly what you’re looking for.
Why Was Exclusive Collection Recognized?
Exclusive Collection’s team was successful at the Hotel Cateys following a company-wide initiative to connect, inform, and enhance engagement among Exclusive Collection’s multi-site, frontline workforce of over 1,200 employees.
Exclusive Collection introduced the Beekeeper employee app to all staff in April 2018, and saw employee engagement immediately start to rise almost immediately.
Here are just some of the great results Exclusive Collection has had with Beekeeper:
- Since implementing Beekeeper, Exclusive Collection has achieved a staggeringly high adoption rate of over 90%!
- 40 – 50 posts are added to the platform per day on topics ranging from success recognition to operational updates and everything in between
- Over 600 messages between colleagues are sent each day and every manager at Exclusive Hotels uses the platform to communicate with their respective departments
- Since Beekeeper’s launch, the number of people rating communication as excellent in their exit interviews has risen by 60%
- Labour turnover has dropped by almost 20%
- Overall employee satisfaction has risen by 11%
What’s more, by being a more innovative employer, Exclusive is able to attract more talent as well as motivate the existing team. This has undoubtedly made Exclusive a more competitive employer.
Chris Tod, Group Learning and Development Manager, Exclusive Collection, said:
For me, Beekeeper has been one of the single biggest changes we’ve made to the way we work in the past 10 years. It has revolutionised the way we communicate as a business and has enabled us to create a real community. I couldn’t imagine working without it. To win this award recognising the work we put into improving our employee engagements just tops off a great project.
Here are just some of the ways that the Exclusive Collection hotel team uses Beekeeper to stay connected.
- Showcase their company’s core values
- Share ideas and best practices
- Communicate operational information more efficiently.
Meanwhile management uses the Beekeeper mobile platform to. . .
- Communicate updates such as task rotations, shift schedules, and policies and procedures
- Empower employees with the information and tools they need to perform their job duties
We’re beyond honored to work with Exclusive Collection’s award-winning team. We would like to congratulate the entire staff at Exclusive Collection.
We look forward to continuing this successful partnership in 2020!