We’ve made some big changes since the last product release updates! Here’s what you can start using this month and some you can look forward to in upcoming months.
- Android navigation redesign (Android) – This week we released a new interface for the Android version of the Beekeeper app. The stream, chats, and notification tabs moved to the bottom of the screen. The app menu, also known as the “More” tab, is also at the bottom of the screen (similar to the iOS app) and the stream switcher is now at the top left. Click here for more details about the new Android interface and why we made these changes.
- Navigation extensions interface (Dashboard) – To streamline access to Navigation Extensions, we’ve finished the interface that enables you to create and edit extensions from your Dashboard. To access the Navigation Extensions interface, look under the “Extensions” tab in the Dashboard.
- Start a new campaign or survey by cloning an existing one – To help you save time reaching your colleagues, this new feature allows you to clone existing surveys and campaigns from the Dashboard. You can easily make modifications to fit the context of your next communications.
- Dashboard in German and English (Dashboard) – To serve our growing base of international system administrators, this month we implemented the necessary changes to translate our Dashboard in multiple languages. We currently support English and German. More languages will be added according to demand.
- Database encryption in all data centers (Hosting Infrastructure) – All our data centers are now running fully encrypted databases. This completes the encryption of our system and is a step towards the privacy and legal requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Message Receipts (web, Android, API) – The team has built the API and Android and web app components of our upcoming Message Receipts feature. We are still working on the iOS components, so look out for the feature release in January!
- To accommodate our expanding user base, we’ve translated the web and mobile apps in Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, and Romanian.
- The app now warns users about unsaved content when navigating away from the compose box in Streams.
- User’s “last seen” time, which is the last time they used Beekeeper, is now available in the profile view on the web and iOS apps. It will be on Android soon.
- To open chat details, you can simply click a group chat’s avatar (Android).
- Link previews in chats show two lines of text instead of one (Android).
- When an image is loading, a placeholder appears instead of just a gray background (Android).
The Beekeeper product team is always fine-tuning the platform to create a better experience for our customers. Hopefully these will make your app experience more enjoyable and you saw some features coming up that you requested!
For more information about Beekeeper and specific features, check out our Help Center or contact us. Or let us know what features you would like enhanced or added in future releases!